At the end of last week I heard back from my wonderful Minnesota friend, who had shown my file to his colleague, a specialist for my kind of cancer. He reported back that he felt that, without hesitation, surgery was my best option at this time. Needless to say, this new information filled my weekend with confusion, and not a little bit of anxiety. After consultation with more of my medical friends, I went to my scheduled oncologist appointment yesterday, and was pleased, and relieved, to learn that she was a fan of debulking (but went by her surgeons' recommendations), and so suggested a second Toronto opinion with an aggressive surgeon at Sunnybrook Hospital. I am waiting now to hear if she has been successful in getting me a quick appointment - it is important that I have this second opinion before my next chemo in a week's time, as there are only limited numbers that I can have, and I must be able to have some after surgery.
Once again, it feels weird to be hoping for invasive abdominal surgery, but my doctor says that chemo alone will not eliminate the cancer.
I am at day 14 in this 4th cycle, and I am feeling just great. We are trying to sort out the house - today I will hang curtains in the sun room and try to get rid of some free funiture on Craig's List.