Wednesday, May 12, 2010

chemo postponed

My blood work today showed an improvement in neutrophils - from .7 to 1 - since Monday, so I have been booked in for chemo next Wednesday. I didn't need to have an injection to boost my immunity as my body seems to be recovering on its own. I am a bit anxious to postpone the chemo for a week, but this will give me another week of feeling really good, so I'm not really complaining!

The house painting is progressing - outside and in, and as we finish one room, I will try to furnish it. It is amazing how empty the place is right now - it feels like a ballroom, but that won't last once we are living downstairs. The weather is still beastly here, and I am trying to keep all the little plants alive inside till I can transplant them outside. The wisteria is still beautiful, but the leaves are growing in quickly, so the best time for photos has already passed - the flowering crab apple is already losing its flowers, but lilac is in full bloom.

We had sad news from France today, that our beloved cousine Francoise has fallen into a gentle coma, from which she is not expected to awaken. Another cancer casualty, and our family feels broken.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Anne!!
This blog is such a great idea! i was so sorry to hear about the cancer.. you are one of the most wonderful persons i've ever met and im so certain that you get well soon! keep up the good spirit! Say hi to JP from me! gotta go to sleep now, tomorrow gotta return to the army! :) hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Anne,

This is a real nice picture, you look great!! Good to hear that your blook work was showing improvement. With your positivity and everyone's support, I am sure you will get better and better!!

Sorry about your cousine. I hope everyone in the family is handling ok.

We will come visit again soon. Most likely after my CFA exam in early Jun. Till then, take good care!! Lots of love, Hong

My New Boubou

My New Boubou
Boubou with handy pocket

Getting better

Getting better
Wilson and Me

Due to Popular Demand

Due to Popular Demand
I'm a Redhead

I still love my chemotherapy

I still love my chemotherapy
Who needs hair anyway?

I love my chemotherapy

I love my chemotherapy
walking to Princess Margaret