Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Where have all the flowers gone?

This week I have been super energetic, and busy with friends and beginning the move into our downstairs quarters. We've begun by removing wall units in the kitchen, prepping the walls for painting and choosing colors. You know that you have great friends when they offer to come over and clean ovens and bathrooms for you! We are waiting for the weather to clear for our painter to finish the exterior of the house - for now he is painting ceilings inside.

Yesterday I went in for routine blood testing, but my white cells are too low for chemo on Wednesday, so tomorrow I will go in for more testing, and if they are still not back to where they should be I will be given an injection to boost the production - all this may push my chemo back by two weeks - a real disappointment, but then it will give me two extra weeks of feeling good (unless the injection has side effects that I am unaware of). I had an excellent meeting with my oncologist, who was very focused on me and took lots of time to hear my concerns and answer them in depth. She is prescribing another three rounds of the same chemotherapy, followed by another CT scan and assessment.

I have become a Craigs List addict - have bought a beautiful bed, picnic table and chair, and am selling my kitchen cabinets, and along the way meeting some really nice people. Cold and rainy here for the past week - I want Spring back!

No comments:

My New Boubou

My New Boubou
Boubou with handy pocket

Getting better

Getting better
Wilson and Me

Due to Popular Demand

Due to Popular Demand
I'm a Redhead

I still love my chemotherapy

I still love my chemotherapy
Who needs hair anyway?

I love my chemotherapy

I love my chemotherapy
walking to Princess Margaret