Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Water, water everywhere - NOT!

Week 3 of Chemo 1 begins tomorrow, and I am feeling better and better, though still a little weak, probably because I am so out of shape now. If this is the pattern, then it will be: Week 1 - feel terrible, Week 2 - feel weird, Week 3 - feel good. Let's hope that it stays like that - I can take terrible for a week, if I know that good is on its way.

I had what I hope is positive news today. When I went in for a thoracentisis this morning, Doctor D. gave me a thorough ultra sound and didn't find enough liquid in any of the 3 cavities to warrant removal. He said that there had been no accumulation in the left side and belly, and that there was a negligible amount in the right side. I left feeling a bit bad that I might have taken an appointment that someone else needed, but elated that centesis may be a thing of the past for me. I have reserved another two appointments in case I need them - one Thursday, and another Tuesday - but can cancel on the day if I am feeling fine. I am hopeful that this is an indication that the chemo is already working and that the production of fluid has been slowed down or halted.

Eric flies in tonight and tomorrow the sun is supposed to return, so I am looking forward to an excellent week!

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Brilliant news about the fluid! Keep up the good work. ;-)

My New Boubou

My New Boubou
Boubou with handy pocket

Getting better

Getting better
Wilson and Me

Due to Popular Demand

Due to Popular Demand
I'm a Redhead

I still love my chemotherapy

I still love my chemotherapy
Who needs hair anyway?

I love my chemotherapy

I love my chemotherapy
walking to Princess Margaret