Friday, April 2, 2010

Chemo 2 and primate look alike

Yes, I do actually look forward to my chemos! I know that this will be the day when I am feeling the strongest, the most energetic, and safe because my cancer is getting another blast. Wednesday was no exception - Eric, my brother Rick and JP took turns playing Quiddler with me, chatting, watching me sleep through the Benadryl drip, and helping me multiple times get to the washroom with my drip station in tow. We went out for a snack afterwards, and then spent 2 hours showing Rick around the beautiful AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario).

Miriam and Viva met us at PMH on Thursday for the "Look Good, Feel Better" clinic, Mim going with me, and the others sightseeing in Kensington Market. I got a huge box of makeup donated by big companies, many goodies that I will probably not be using (lucky Miriam), and thoroughly enjoyed the pampering session - I highly recommend that any woman going through chemo sign up for a similar session.

Back home again, and Miriam gave me a very short scissor cut because my hair was seriously coming out, and each hair felt like a splinter in my scalp. She left some longish hair in front to peek out of my head coverings, but when I took a shower, the amount of hair that came out was truly frightening - a veritable rug of hair collected over the drain. My family has been very supportive, telling me that I look cute, and making comparisons to the Jean Seberg look in "A Bout de Souffle" (but she had thick hair, about twice as long as mine, and was blond) - I know that they are being nice, and probably truly believe that I am cute, but personally I think that I look more like a baby orangutan. I will save you all from that photo!

So now to the down side of chemo - the wonderful steroids that make me feel energetic and comfortable also don't let me sleep. Two hours only last night from 6 - 8 am. Tonight, after my last steroid, I will take the dreaded sleeping pill and try to catch up. Then it will be all downhill for another few days. And then I will feel better and better till my next chemo - YAY!!

3 comments:

Zeno said...

But you DO look sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh Anne! Your beauty is so beyond hair and your gorgeous figure. You are beautiful on so many levels......I have always been in awe of your love for life and your family and Indian cuisine....you are exquisite....one of the most beautiful women I have ever known......I think you rock!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am poutine in toronto...Gail...xxx

My New Boubou

My New Boubou
Boubou with handy pocket

Getting better

Getting better
Wilson and Me

Due to Popular Demand

Due to Popular Demand
I'm a Redhead

I still love my chemotherapy

I still love my chemotherapy
Who needs hair anyway?

I love my chemotherapy

I love my chemotherapy
walking to Princess Margaret