Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Round 3 - over the hump

In spite of my rapidly dropping CA 125 results, I have been disappointed with the way I am feeling during the first week of this round of chemo (3rd). I was expecting to begin to recover by day 6, but still, on day 7, I was very weak and generally feeling bad. I spent the morning on the internet (usually not a very smart thing to do) to find out how to interpret results from my blood work, and concluded that my red and white levels are all down (which would explain rather nicely why I am not bouncing back as quickly this time). By evening my body was feeling more normal, but I went to bed with a belly ache - can I be eating too much? When I feel sick, I find it difficult to know if my stomach is already too full, or if I need a meal - sometimes I just eat because something needs to change.

Today is day 8 - Like magic, I woke up feeling good, and I am forcing myself to stay rather inactive today, in spite of wanting to be outside working in the garden. Eric drove me to PMH to pick up instructions and a mix that I must drink before the CT scan on Friday. These next few days are my most susceptible, and I must be careful not to catch an infection. Friends are visiting, the sun is shining and life is good - the outdoors calls me, but it is deceptively cold.

2 comments:

Holly, your tutee said...

The germs, fungal or bacteria will make a run for the hills at your fortitude, Tutor!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne just came back to the www, been moving, so was keen to catch up with how you are. It all sounds good and am happy..just letting you know that I am thinking about you. Also, have you looked around for herbal stuff and naturopaths? Not instead of but including? It could be somehow relaxing too.. Lots of love from Down Under.. Sinzi.

My New Boubou

My New Boubou
Boubou with handy pocket

Getting better

Getting better
Wilson and Me

Due to Popular Demand

Due to Popular Demand
I'm a Redhead

I still love my chemotherapy

I still love my chemotherapy
Who needs hair anyway?

I love my chemotherapy

I love my chemotherapy
walking to Princess Margaret